slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feature on Etsy Seller SoapDeli




I just love the bath and body shops on etsy. I really love the way their soap look like pieces of art, and they are so wonderfully soft and smell great. Here is a seller that has handmade bath products. Here shop is Soapdeli . Take a peek at her bath products, because I'm sure she has some you might want to try or buy for some on your Christmas list.



Who are you?
My name is Rebecca and I am a full time soapmaker. I have a BA in fine art and I love to read. I also have a soon to be 12 year old boy who is too smart for his own good and a super tech geeky husband. I also struggle with agoraphobia.

How long have you been crafting?
Since I was little. I used to love to draw little cities on paper with lots of roads for toys cars to drive on. I'd tape a bunch of them all together so I had lots of play room. I have dabbled in a bit of everything. Drawing, painting, pottery, graphic design, and photography.

What feeds your imagination?
Scents that make smell heavenly. I love to try new scents in my soaps! I hope to always carry scents that will make someone happy even if it only is in the shower!

What made you decide to make your crafting a business?
Really I don't know. I just decided to start a biz one day out of the blue. My doctor just diagnosed me as bipolar - which explains a lot - so it was probably a a positive side effect of a manic outburst.

How did you find etsy?
Through the craftster forum a LONGGGG time ago. I signed up while etsy was in its infancy, but didn't start selling until much later. I started out selling art work and note card sets. This is my first year I've focused selling on etsy full time.

Have you ever been published in a magazine?
A really really long time ago. I was part of a feature article about 'zines in a girl's mag called Blue Jean Magazine. They're not around anymore.

What is your most effective marketing venue?
Face to face. I talk to people I see and give them my business cards or a sample. Also word of mouth from happy customers has brought me a whole lot of business.

What is your goal for your business 1 year from now?
I hope to make sell at least $1500 - $2000 a month on etsy a year from now to match what I make now in offline sales. Of course, I'd also like to double my offline sales as well.

Do you sell your products on other sites or businesses?
I sell regularly at least three days a week year round on my local city market. I also have my soaps in two local shops.

No comments: