slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Craft Fair Day

Saturday, I did a craft show for the 3rd year in a row for me. I worked hard to streamline the setup and perfected my display tags for days. I was excited for a successful day. Despite the economy, I knew sales would be lower than what I really wanted. I had hopes to at least make my booth space and pass out some cards for hopefully future sales. I was so surprised to see 2 or 3 people stop by my jewelry and notice they were wearing jewelry of mine. Wow, what a great conversation starter and the feeling of seeing people wearing my work is one of my joys being in this business. I love that part of the business!
I sold 2 pieces that really surprised me. One piece was in my shop for a long time and was one of the first wire wrapped pieces, which was an agate wrapped in copper wire.

The other was a bail I had just wrapped in sterling silver wire with a blue lace agate cabochon. It was only in my shop a couple of days. I wish I could find another stone like it to make another, but unfortunately some pieces are just a one of a kind.

3 comments:

Gifted Designs said...

Both are realllly beautiful...:)

Did you have more than those two sales?

I'm hoping to attend my first craft show next March...all the others before in my area are booked. Better late than never so they say!

Creative Treasures said...

Hi Cori,

You've just been tagged! Go to my blog and read about the rules. Have fun with this. It'll be interesting to read about other people!

Congrats on your sales at your show. those two pieces in your blog are awesome!

donna

Brenda said...

Cori, I'm so happy for you that your lovely wirewrapped pieces sold! Congrats! And what a wonderful thing to see...people wearing your jewelry! How exciting! :)

*hugs*
Brenda