slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Friday, September 5, 2008

MorningStarArts Blog Feature



Amy has an etsy shop called Morning Star Arts and has some lamp worked beads. Here are couple of pieces in her shop. Take a look around her shop to see what she has.


Who are you? I'm Amy Giannini, a wife, homeschooling mother of four sons (two in college now), and transplant to rural MN, originally a Californian.

How long have you been crafting? All my life; my family was very supportive of creativity in all areas. I have been making jewelry for about five years now, ever since my husband started making lampworked beads and convinced me to take a "beads and wire" class!

What feeds your imagination? Everything, but especially the beads themselves. Like all the beaders I know, I have quite a stash and I love to go through them looking for a combination that "clicks".

What made you decide to make your crafting a business? Too much inventory! It has to go somewhere, right? I'd given everyone gifts, and had more than enough jewelry myself, so thought maybe I could branch out and try supporting my hobby.

How did you find etsy? It was mentioned in a newspaper article. At this point I can't even remember what the focus of the article was, but I'm sure glad I read it.

Have you ever been published in a magazine? No, but I've recently been contacted by a catalog company about marketing through them.

What is your most effective marketing venue? So far art fairs and stores, both consignment and wholesale.

What is your goal for your business 1 year from now? To actually sell as much jewelry as I make!!

Do you sell your products on other sites or businesses? Not online, although the catalog which may carry a couple of my products in the future is both paper and online.
I do sell at several boutiques as mentioned above.

1 comment:

Zemphira said...

Nice slide show. Very nice feature too.