slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bagladee Blog Feature



The bagladee
shop has all types of handbags, coin bags, makeup bags and more. Stop by her shop and check out her variety of beautiful bags.

Who are you?--->>

My name is Emma, I'm 28 and I live in Nottingham, UK. I'm originally from Newcastle, so that makes me a certified Geordie. I live with my fantastic other half and my 2 cats Nell and Oliver. I work full time in an office but try to spend as much time as possible concentrating on crafting.

How long have you been crafting?--->>

For as long as I can remember I've always been making something or other, I was a huge fan of knitting and cross stitch when I was younger, this progressed into making clothes & accessories. Which led to completing a Degree in Fashion & Textiles so I would definitely say most of my life.

What feeds your imagination?--->>

Everything! things I see on my way to and from work, my garden, magazines, films, books, music, experiences, just life in general really.

What made you decide to make your crafting a business?--->>

I started making handbags for myself as a hobby. Some were given to family members and then friends started asking me to make them various types of bags. I made a clutch bag for a friend of a friend who wanted it to match an outfit she had for a wedding. She was so pleased with her bag and she told me that I should start selling them. I didn't really start thinking about it until a year later when I thought, Yeah, why not, lets have a go at making it a business!

How did you find etsy?--->>

I found Etsy through a friend who was already a member, and thankyou to her!!!

Have you ever been published in a magazine?--->>

I have never been published in a magazine but it is definitely a dream to have one of my bags featured. I'd love to be flicking through a glossy magazine and see one of my creations staring back at me!

What is your most effective marketing venue?--->>

Since I have only really been promoting myself seriously since April this year I would have to say the internet (Etsy and Craft Chat forums). Oh and word of mouth promoting is very effective!!

What is your goal for your business 1 year from now?--->>

To have steady orders coming in, to have been featured in a glossy and to be seriously thinking about giving up the day job to dedicate all my time to my craft!

Do you sell your products on other sites or businesses?--->>

I am also a member of Folksy, which is a UK version of Etsy on a very small scale although it is growing. And of course I have my own website which was launched in August this year www.bagladee.com.

2 comments:

fuzzbuzz said...

I love her bags, i hope to have one someday. ;-)

fuzzbuzz said...

bagladee rocks!