slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Monday, September 1, 2008

Allieart4children



Allie has the most gorgeous photos in her shop and she donates a portion to local charitable organizations. I chose a couple of photos in her shop, but it was really hard to only choose two. Take a look at what she has to offer in her shop. I believe you will be in awe of her photography.


Who are you? I am a stay-at-home mom of four terrific children, which is quite a change from being a full time pediatrician. I have been home now for two years, and am really enjoying being with my children. Something didn't quite make sense to me about being in the hospital, taking care of other children, while I was missing putting my own children to bed. This change has given me the opportunity to focus on my photography, which is a joy in itself. I am trying, through this Etsy shop, and through local charitable organizations to continue to be an advocate for children - one of my favorite parts of being a pediatrician. I am working on developing relationships with additional charities so my etsy customers will be able to designate which group their purchase will benefit.

How long have you been crafting? I have been taking photographs since I was about 12 years old, and have been actively pursuing this dream for about the last two and a half years.


What feeds your imagination? I am in awe of the beauty all around us. And love to experience the diversity of people and cultures. I am also inspired by the joy, innocence and spontanaeity of childhood. I get a lot of inspiration from the books my kids and I read together and their incredible imaginations. You can see several items in my shop directly inspired by their stories! Check out Jazz Mizzell and the fox!


What made you decide to make your crafting a business? The opportunity came to me when I started staying at home. Also, at about the same time, I received encouragement from friends and family.

How did you find etsy? A family member has a shop here (lillitutu - Whitney is my cousin's very talented wife.) She introduced me to Etsy.

Have you ever been published? Not yet!

What is your most effective marketing venue? So far, Etsy has been, but I am beginning to participate in local art shows as well.

What is your goal for your business 1 year from now? I would love to continue to develop relationships here on Etsy and to become a more active member of the groups I have joined here: Photographers of Etsy (POE), Etsy for Charity, and Fabulous Artistic Moms (FAM). I learn so much from Etsy's talented artists!