slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shiny Adornments Blog Feature



Kristy is a friend of mine on the Artisan Beaders Team. Her jewelry is really awesome and I know will want to see all she has to offer in her shop shop.




Who are you?
Kristy Smith aka ShinyAdornments

How long have you been crafting?
Well, crafting? All my life. I’ve sewed, knitted, woodworked, love to create stained glass panels, faux painted, LOTs and LOTs of home improvement projects, and most recently acquired a love of jewelry creation. I discovered wire wrapping a bit over a year ago and dove head first into learning all I could.

What feeds your imagination?
I find inspiration in the wildflowers I drove past this morning on the way to work or the suit I just bought that needs the perfect accessory or the strange dream I had last night. I am also inspired by art and COLOR. I love color. :-)

I like jewelry that makes a statement. So when I wear jewelry, I WEAR jewelry. :-) Those that know me would say I am definitely NOT a shrinking violet (ok, no comments from the peanut gallery) and my jewelry generally reflects that attitude.

What made you decide to make your crafting a business?
It seemed a sensible step, although my friends and family might not say I was the most sensible person at all times. LOL I started selling to my co-workers, and since they are not all in the same state, it made sense to post images of my work online for them to see. It just sort of grew from there.

How did you find etsy?
I belong to the Starving Artists forum http://www.starvingjewelryartists.com/ , and many of its very talented members have etsy shops. I really love the camaraderie of SA and found a similar experience with folks I met on etsy. Its nice to know that those of us of a ‘certain’ age can find other like minded individual artists in pretty big numbers. It’s a nice community to belong.

Have you ever been published in a magazine?
BeadTrends
Also featured on several blogs, including Cuteable

What is your most effective marketing venue?
The smart and talented women I work with purchase most of my creations. They are a fabulous group that inspire me every day. I’ve discovered blogging and included Project Wonderful and entrecard space on my blog. By far, this has been my best non-coworker marketing avenue. I’ve sold quite a few things to wonderful customers that discovered by work via my blog.

What is your goal for your business 1 year from now?
I would like to spend more time creating and less time marketing, but, realistically, I don’t know that it is possible.

Do you sell your products on other sites or businesses?
I am experimenting with Ruby Lane http://www.rubylane.com/shops/shinyadornments in addition to my etsy shop http://shinyadornments.etsy.com.

You can find more about me on my blog at http://shinyadornments.com/wordpress

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shinyadornments/

2 comments:

Artisan Beaded & Wire Wrapped Jewelry said...

Thanks Cori! I blogged about your profile of me on my blog.

Happy Monday!
Kristy
http://www.shinyadornments.com

Jlascanteen said...

nice art.