slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Saturday, August 30, 2008

HKExpressions Blog Feature


Heather has her shop as H K Expressions. She creates drink coaster, hand painted glasses, and wine glass charms. Here is a bit about her and a couple of my favorites in her shop.

Who are you?
My name is Heather, I’m 29 and live just outside of Boston, MA with my husband Matt

How long have you been crafting?
Forever! Honestly, probably since I was able to hold a crayon in my hand. I have tried or wanted to try everything out there. Always been involved in art classes since I was very young. I used to have craft stands when I was little. Instead of a lemonade stand, I would try and sell my handmade ornaments, magnets ect to the people driving by!

What feeds your imagination?
Etsy for one. I’m inspired constantly by the amazing things I see people making. I also work in the design field so the creative juices are always flowing. I get inspired by fabrics, patterns, color, you name it!

What made you decide to make your crafting a business?
I had been making these items as gifts for people for a couple years. For a time this past year I was unemployed due to company I worked for going out of business. I thought it was a great chance to see if I could do it and jumped in!

How did you find etsy?
Complete luck! I couldn’t even tell you how, but I just found it one day. Was blown away that there was this online world where people were doing what I had always wanted to do!

Have you ever been published in a magazine?
Not yet! Wouldn’t that be a trip!

What is your most effective marketing venue?
The forums I think. Those and word of mouth, family and friends.

What is your goal for your business 1 year from now?
To still be going strong, hopefully even stronger! To introduce new items ( I have a list of all the things I want to try and add) And to just be happy and loving this adventure!

Do you sell your products on other sites or businesses?
No, etsy is enough for me to handle right now. We’ll see down the road though, I’m always open to something new!

No comments: