slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

ElizaLeigh Feature



Here is a sister team named
ElizaLeigh
that I met and knew you would enjoy checking out their shop.



Who are you?
ElizaLeigh is actually me and my sister. We live in Louisville, KY. The name comes from a combo of our middle names. I am Eliza and she is Leigh. I sew the pillows and blankets and she is in charge of the aprons. I think we really compliment each other.

How long have you been crafting?
Wow. Ever since I can remember I have been creating something. I learned to crochet at a very early age and also loved to make things out of paper. I created a whole town out of notebook paper when I was about 10. That was fun. I have only been sewing for about a year and a half. I wanted a Christmas quilt, figured out it would be cheaper to sew it for myself and it just kind of blossomed from there.

What feeds your imagination?
I get a lot of stimulus from many places. I never know when something is going to be triggered. It could be a book, or a tree or a conversation. The Sunny Daydream blanket in our shop, for instance, is an interpretation of lying in the grass looking at the sky on a bright sunny day.

What made you decide to make your crafting a business?
My son's French class is going to Paris and Barcelona in March. I'm trying to make enough to pay for the trip!

How did you find etsy?
A friend asked me one day if I had ever heard of it. I don't exactly remember why. I was hooked from the first second.

Have you ever been published? Only in blogs. So far.

Do you sell your products on other sites or businesses? Not yet, but I really would like to be in some shops here in Louisville. We have a very active handmade community.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Dawn
Eliza

No comments: