slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Friday, August 29, 2008

AllieBeans Feature




Allie has some really cute tissue pouches and fabric coasters in her shop. She also is a new seller on etsy this month.


Who are you?
I'm Allie from San Francisco, California. I'm an architect by day, and a crafter by night - my newest obsession is making fabric pouches and pencil cases! There is just something so satisfying about holding the finished product! I have a newfound love for fabrics, and wish I had the time to sit and stare at fabrics all day!

How long have you been crafting?
I've been doing artsy things ever since I could hold a pencil. A neighbor still has one of my drawings from when I was 2 years old, insisting that someday the little doodle would be worth something. I took art classes all throughout my childhood, and never failed to leave a paper placemat without a drawing at any restaurant we visited. I almost took the route to something related to medicine, but ultimately chose the artistic route (though somewhat too technical for my taste...). So, to satisfy my creativity and love for crafts, I make and create in the evenings as part of my relaxation ritual!

What feeds your imagination?
The city that I'm surrounded by, my friends, family and all the lovely creations on Etsy.

What made you decide to make your crafting a business?
I could make fabric pouches/pencil cases/coasters all day long - but soon had too many to keep for myself and give away to friends. I wanted to share my love for the pouches and cases with other people! Selling my creations will also help feed my need to buy more pretty fabrics!

How did you find etsy?
I found Etsy through a link via a design website, promoting a beautiful gocco print by treetopstudio. After purchasing the beautiful print, I found myself addicted to the website - I was in complete awe with all the handmade creations people were selling - there was so much to see and be inspired by!

Have you ever been published?
I am a featured seller on http://pleasureartsblogs.blogspot.com. I'm fairly new to Etsy and the business of selling crafts online - but I hope to be published a lot in the near future!

What is your most effective marketing venue?
I hang out in the Etsy promotion forum once in a while to promote my items and see what other people have to offer. Other than that, word of mouth is what works for me so far! It's a tough job to promote a business with so many other competitive businesses out there, but I hope my soon-to-be buyers will help me spread the word too :)

What is your goal for your business 1 year from now?
I hope to have a steady flow of business at my Etsy shop! I also hope that my shop will contain a wider variety of products, made with all the beautiful fabrics out there!

Do you sell your products on other sites or businesses?
Nope, just Etsy!

No comments: