slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Chained Necklace


I finally decided to sit down and create a piece of jewelry using the chainmaille technique. I had tried a very basic pattern a few years ago and found out it was very time consuming as well as costly, if done in sterling silver. I found out some of the patterns were really confusing and thought it would be really challenging to try some of the difficult ones. I don't fully understand the term AR, but have a book to learn more about this. I have decided I really want to learn the box chain and thinking I will try that one next, if I can master it. I also found it difficult that the tutorials are done for right handed people and of course that makes it a challenge being left handed. I spent the last couple days making this new necklace which is a basic chain in artistic brand copper wire. It started out to be a bracelet and I really didn't like the way it was turning out so I decided to make it a necklace. Well, I really love the results.If you get a chance stop by my etsy shop and take a peek.

1 comment:

Gallery Juana said...

Beautiful piece. I like the color combination you chose.