slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Wire Wrapped Pendant


This is a new wire wrapped pendant that I wire wrapped today. I have been using many of my existing supplies as a goal and challenge. So, every couple of days I dig into my treasure of supplies drawers and containers to see what looks like I want to create next. I have been collecting beads for more than 10 years of over spending with big eyes in supply catalogs. I definitely am a bead hoarder. I have even been selling off some of my extra beads to destash some of these little lovlies so I can buy more. What a great vicious cycle.

Well, this wire wrapped cabochon pendant is wrapped with fine gauge copper wire in a basket weave, I have been dying to learn this technique and found it to be easier that I had expected. My fingers got really tired and sore from all of the wire wrapping to keep the wire tight. The cabochon is a banded agate that is 40mm x 30mm. The combination is very striking.
Stop by my shop to see all of the views or to buy.
Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

belinha said...

I am amazed,really!I buy lots of rings.I love what you do with wire!:-)

ccdesign said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my jewelry.

Sherry said...

Oh hunnie, what a lovely job you did with your first Toodles Weave! Nice tight wrapping on your weave. Congrats!
Can I add it to the Student Blog and link back to you?
http://sherrys-jewels-students.blogspot.com/

I luv your other jewelry, too. Very nice work, m'dear.

Toodles!
~Sherry~
http://sherrysjewels.blogspot.com

ccdesign said...

Sherry,
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I really admire your work and would be flattered if you would link me to your student blog.
Cori