slide show of CC Design's Jewelry

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tiger Eye Wire Wrapped Ring


I had been wanting to learn how to wire wrap rings using Eni Oken's techniques. I checked out her designs for over a year and finally decided that I was skilled enough to make one of those beautiful rings. I studied the tutorial for at least 2 weeks before I even got up the nerve to tackle the ring and the intense wire wrapping involved. I spent a couple of days working on the same set of steps for a couple more days before I was happy with the results. This ring is a tiger eye ring with a 20mm tiger eye cabochon. It is wrapped with all sterling silver wire. The ring is a size 8. Now to find this ring a new home. The title is a clickable link, which will bring to the listing on etsy.

3 comments:

Simply Wired said...

Keep on rockin' it girl! This came out nicely...I left you some love on your Flickr page, too.

Eni Oken said...

Excellent job on the ring!!! Keep the coiling a little tighter, though. Overall, really nice job!
---
Eni Oken
http://www.enioken.com
Online Lessons on Jewelry Making

ccdesign said...

Thank you Eni for your compliment and advice for the ring. I really value your opinion.
Cori